Tuesday, July 5, 2011

And We're Off!

Saturday marked the start of the Tour de France, and for us Fiberheads, it was also the start of Tour de Fleece. I've had a tough time narrowing down my choices. So much fiber! So little time!

I think I have it figured out, though. On the Jensen wheel is fiber from Rogue Adventures.
It's the Blueberry Cobbler colorway on Bluefaced Leicester. I have two braids, and I'm splitting each one, then spinning and plying them back together.
I'm a little concerned about how well the color sections will match up. I don't think I split the first braid very evenly. But I had a wee brainstorm yesterday evening as I was fretting over it, and realized I could split the second braid into roughly the same thicknesses as I had the first one, and match the fatter part from the first braid to the fatter part of the second braid. The color sections still may not be exact since they're different braids and the sections may be slightly longer or shorter, but I have a feeling that it will be a bit closer if I do it that way. I'm trying to relax and just let it be however it's going to be, but that's not easy! Perfectionism, I haz it. Well, at least in fiber projects. Housekeeping, not so much.

Also for TdF, I'm trying to finish some of the smaller projects on the spindles. I showed a picture of some of those a couple of posts back (and totally gave away my fondness for PINK!!) but I have a few others that I want to get done.
Clockwise from top: Spanish Peacock, Kundert, Sp. Peacock, Trindle, Houndesign, Butterfly Girl
Some of these were fiber samples that I got when I was planning the now-defunct Etsy shop, so I'm not even 100% sure what they all are. So much for my record-keeping skills. I can tell which ones have silk in them, though. I love spinning silk on a spindle. And you can see that I do spin colors other than PINK!!!

I'm in a couple of TdF teams on Ravelry, but I haven't actually posted any pictures there yet. I like having challenges like this--it keeps me focused--but what with the 10K Challenge and the One-flower Wednesday SAL, I'm kind of busy. I think the blog will give me enough "accountability" to keep on track.

Speaking of challenges, off to play violin! See you tomorrow for OFW*!

*One-flower Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty fibers you're working on! Despite my planning to do some spinning yesterday, I still haven't done any. Maybe tonight I can get some time to spin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on the blogs. I can't wait to see the Blueberry Cobbler all spun up and plied.

    KraftyKathy

    ReplyDelete