Saturday, September 13, 2008

Catch-up Saturday

I feel like I've been running in place for days, but I think I've finally whipped the laundry into submission, and I've rounded up yarn to be wound. The floor hasn't been swept yet, but hey--I can't do EVERYTHING!

Caturday pic:



This is our usual mode when I'm trying to work at my desk, but I made a critical error today. I had scooted too far forward on the chair, so right now, Emmy is behind me instead of on my lap, and I'm perched on the edge trying not to squoosh her. I could push her off, but I don't feel like hearing the back-talk I'd get. She really is the mouthiest cat! This also gives a slight view of the rubble of my desk and sewing/weaving/stash/computer room. A merest fraction of the rubble, let me say. And if I'd realized I'd be posting this picture, I might have taken the time and trouble to put some makeup on and done something with my hair. Meh.

We spent four hours at the ER last evening because the baby hurt her arm. She stood up on a chair and it tipped, so we assumed that it was related, but apparently not. Turned out to be something called "Nursemaid's Elbow." It happens sometimes when you're holding a child's hand and she falls. The elbow joint gets stretched, and the ligament gets pinched between the bones or something like that (I can't follow these technical medical explanations!) Anyway, they did the usual x-rays to make sure nothing was broken. The doctor was wise enough to wait until Mommy and I went down to the vending machines to come in and pop the elbow while Papaw was holding the baby, so the worst was over by the time we got back with our chemical brew that passed for coffee. He wanted us to stick around for a little while to see how she reacted. She ate some vending machine mac 'n' cheese, and a little later took a walk down the hall holding our hands, so she was clearly all better! I think it's a little sore still today, but she can move it at least. And it could just be that thing where she remembers that it hurt, so she thinks it still will if she moves it a certain way. She came home with two cool toys, so she should be happy now. We have no idea how it happened in the first place. She got up crabby from her nap, and when I put her on the changing table, she winced and cried out when I moved her arm, so maybe I did it picking her up--who knows?

I've been sorting through projects, and I'm about ready to post another Project List. I think there will always be a pair of socks going now. They really are so much fun to make, and they're kind of addicting. Especially now that I can cast on and turn a heel without thinking twice about it, they're really mindless knitting, so my sock-knitting bag will always be with me now. It certainly made the hours at the ER go much faster!

2 comments:

  1. My cat will do that to me too. And if she's really trying to make a statement she'll sit on my laptop's keyboard snickering at me.

    I'm very glad that the baby is alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at spingirl!! I finally get to see ya! You look great girlie! It seems that the kitty is definitely the master in your situation. I hope the baby's arm feels better quick. Poor sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete