Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fifteen-Flower Wednesday!

Even though I haven't been posting regularly...okay, even though I haven't been posting at all, I'm still making flowers.
There are fifteen of those little beauties there, and more are cut out and safely tucked away in my little sewinig box.

I've been looking through books and magazines for pictures of old hexagon quilts. I'm still torn between setting these edge-to-edge, or putting light-colored hexagons between each flower. I did see a picture of a quilt that used dark setting "stones," so that's a possibility too. I'll do some layouts and take pictures to get a better idea of what I want to do.

As usual, you can pop over to Karen's blog for the links to other flower-makers.

I did some tidying up of my sidebar. I fixed the "ticker" for my 10,000 Hour Challenge and added a new button. Yep, I'm all about challenges lately, therefore the 250 Words a Day Challenge (the button links to the Inkygirl site for writers.) I think the original challenge was for 1000 words a day, but I have to start small! I may be able to bump it up to 500 and then 1000 words, but I'd rather have to do that than to start at 1000 and be so overwhelmed that I quit. A challenge isn't much good if it scares you right out of doing the thing you want to do! I'm working on a short story right now, so 250 words a day makes me feel like I'm making good progress.

At the moment, my biggest challenge seems to be enduring this stinkin' hot weather! What's your challenge du jour?

9 comments:

  1. How nice you are still making your flowers, they are beautiful! You have lots of time to decide on the setting, good idea looking through books and magazines. Good luck with your word challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy making flowers for your garden.
    have fun with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pile of flowers! Challenges are the best way for me to get things finished as well...kinda like a dare! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers, you have some very nice fabrics to use. I especially like the lower right red one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love these flowers of yours! I suppose my biggest challenge is staying on task! When I saw your flowers, I immediately wanted to abandon my pastel color pallate & break out my civil war fabrics! I too am pondering the setting for mine but I've only just started; still it is comforting to have a general plan to guide value decisions. Well, I'm off to my Bee! Kep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, these are so pretty. Can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog and thanks for share your a good piece of content with us.Please check out my site also Holiday cottage.I hope you like my site.

    ReplyDelete